Ever have a simple repair turn into a major renovation thanks to a handyman husband who doesn’t know what he’s doing? What about that improperly wired workshop you inherited when you bought your new house? Or the new dishwasher that fries itself taking your brand new kitchen cabinetry with it.
(Don’t even get me started on all the damage that can be done by mischievous kids and pets!)
We’ve all heard (or experienced) Do-It-Yourself horror stories that add up to big expenses for homeowners. That’s why TD Insurance has invited professional contractor and celebrity host, Mike Holmes, and his contractor son, Mike Holmes Jr., to share their expert advice for the #AvoidUnsureance chat THURSDAY, September 22nd at 8pm EST!
Bring your DIY questions for Mike Holmes and Mike Holmes Jr. as we discuss how to avoid the most common DIY disaster mistakes! During our one hour Q&A chat, we will talk:
- How to avoid having a simple home project turn into a DIY disaster
- What you need to know BEFORE starting any renovation project
- Which projects you should leave to the experts
- Key questions you should ask when hiring a contractor
- How talking to your insurance company can help you avoid the worst DIY disaster of all!
AND we’ll be giving away five (5) prizes of $50 Amazon.ca gift cards to the lucky participants who RSVP below and join us on Thursday, September 22nd at 8pm EST using the #AvoidUnsureance hashtag (you must be present and tweeting using the #AvoidUnsureance hashtag at the time of the prize draw).*
All you have to do to join the #AvoidUnsureance Chat is login to Twitter September 22nd at 8pm EST and tweet using the #AvoidUnsureance hashtag (read this for tips on how to set-up your TweetDeck for a chat).
* No purchase necessary. Winners must be a Canadian resident (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province/territory. Winners will be selected using Random.org from the people who RSVP below and participate in the Twitter chat held September 22nd, 2016 between 8:00pm and 9:00pm EST using the #AvoidUnsureance hashtag. Should that winner not be eligible to claim the prize, the next eligible submission will be selected. The prize cannot be transferred or redeemed for cash. Limit one prize per participant.
To be eligible for the random prize draw during the #AvoidUnsureance Twitter Chat scheduled for Thursday, September 22nd, please enter your Twitter name “@YourTwitterName” in the Link/Blog Title field and your Twitter URL “www.twitter.com/YourTwitterName” in the Link Field.