As busy working moms, time is the one thing we never seem to have enough of. Between building a business and raising a family, who has time to make a separate stop just to do the banking? Now, you don’t have to. Thanks to TD Mobile Payment and TD Mobile Deposit, you can handle all your banking from your phone or tablet!
A little bit about the two new features: TD Mobile Payment works just like VISA payWave (aka the beep thingie where you tap your VISA on the other thingie to pay for things under $100). Now, you can set up the TD Mobile Payment feature to do the exact same thing. TD Mobile Deposit acts like your own personal ATM, letting you deposit cheques simply by entering the amount and taking a photo! Handy!
To celebrate the launch of these new features, we had a Twitter chat sponsored by @TD_Canada where we shared tips on how to make the most of these and other mobile app features. Here are some of the nuggets that were shared during the chat:
- Do Double Duty — Maximize your time by doing your online banking while waiting for kid lessons, on the train during your morning commute or whenever you find yourself with extra time that you wouldn’t otherwise be using productively (assuming of course, you can find a space to do your banking privately and securely).
- Tap, Pay and Go — Use your phone just as you would your credit card to pay for purchases up to $100 (depending on the limits set by the particular retailer). All you have to do is set up the TD Mobile Payment feature is add eligible TD credit card(s) and select whether that credit card is for single use only or default automatic payments.
- Find the Closest Bank — Get directions to the nearest branch or ATM using the Find Location feature. The search results include important details like the hours, address, accessibility and telephone number. One click on the Get Directions opens your map application with a suggested route from your current location. Very handy when navigating a new city!
- Snap a Photo to Deposit — Save yourself a trip to the bank by depositing cheques as soon as you get them! Using the TD Mobile Deposit feature is literally exactly how you would do it at an ATM except you have to login into the app instead of entering your PIN number and take a photo of BOTH sides of the cheque!
- Password Safety — Always use a unique password for every login so if there is a security breech, your other passwords will not be compromised. Never use words, dates or any other personal information as a password. Instead, use a password generator to come up with strong (and truly random) passwords (ideal is a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols).
- Pay Bills and Transfer Funds — Streamline your business finances by paying bills and transferring funds to key contractors using the online banking features built into the app.
- Check Account Balances — Monitor your accounts and balances owing on mortgages and lines of credit using the app. It’s a good way to stay motivated to save and monitor your account activity for any suspicious or unauthorized transactions!