One of my favorite sayings is “A penny saved is a penny earned.” Nowhere is this more true than in business. While it’s tempting to think of “business expenses” as separate from your personal spending habits since the money doesn’t come directly out of your pocket, it’s important to recognize that what you spend in the name of business has to be recouped in sales.
Another way to think of it is that for every dollar you DON’T spend frivolously on your business is money you don’t have to make. It’s a simple way to take the pressure off and safeguard your cash flow against unexpected downturns. Not to say that you don’t want to continue to focus on sales, but rather give yourself a bit of wiggle room.
That’s why this week’s #MOMeoChat theme is Streamlining Your Business where we will discuss simple ways to save both time and money in your business. Join the discussion THIS Wednesday February 4th at 10 am PST/1pm EST! During this one-hour interactive chat, we will discuss:
- Why too much money leads to bad decisions and sloppy habits
- How to find and ditch those unnecessary business expenses
- Ways to streamline your internal processes to save time and money
- How to maintain a consistent business cash flow
- Why the guru advice of “fake it until you make it” is a bad idea
- Smart ways to leverage business expenses.
- How to balance the time versus money equation.