Just because it’s summer doesn’t always mean it’s sunny and warm outside!
For those gray rainy days when the kids come in from the cold looking for something hearty to fill their tummies–try a stuffed baked potato with chili.
It will fill them up & warm them up too!
Stuffed Baked Potato with Chili
Grated cheddar cheese
1 lb lean ground beef
1 can (19 oz) stewed tomatoes
2 cans (each 14 oz/398 ml) beans in tomato sauce
2 cans (each 19 oz/540 ml kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup sliced white or red onions
2 cups diced green bell peppers
1 tbsp chili powder
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, brown meat until no longer pink inside. Drain fat.
- Add tomatoes, beans, onions, green peppers and chili powder. Reduce heat and simmer, covered and stirring occasionally for 20-30 minutes.
- Bake potatoes until done.
- Cut an X in the top of potato and squeeze open. Top with hot chili and sprinkle with grated cheese.
1 cup canola oil
1 cup demerra brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp molasses
1 cup fl our
½ cup whole wheat fl our
½ cup wheat germ
½ cup rolled oats
1 tbsp. Ground fl ax seeds
1 tsp. Baking powder
1 tsp. Baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp allspice
1 cup raisins
1 cup chopped dates
1 cup craisins
- Cream together oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Mix in dry ingredients and then remaining items.
- Take a spoonful and mould with hands into a ball and put onto cookie sheet. Flatten slightly.
- Bake at 375F for 6-8 minutes.
What is your family favorite for lunch on a chilly day? Share your rainy day recipe with us and you could be featured in an upcoming MOMeo Kitchen!