Everything your kids need for a healthy lunch packed into yummy bite-sized tarts–and, as everyone knows, food is way more fun when it comes in cool little individual servings!
Combined with a hearty blueberry oat muffin and a serving of refreshing pineapple mandarin yogurt dessert, it’s a lunch that can’t be beat.
Added bonus; if you want you can double the batch, because the mini quiches and muffins freeze beautifully!
Marvelous Mini Quiches!
18 mini pie shells
1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli
1 cup milk
½ tsp dried basil
½ tsp salt
Pepper to taste
2 tbsp margarine
1 medium onion, diced
½ Red peppers, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Cook broccoli in boiling water until tender about 10 minutes. Drain and chop.
2. Combine milk, eggs, margarine, basil, garlic, salt, pepper and 3/4 cup cheese; whisk until well blended.
3. Add diced red pepper, diced onion and chopped broccoli to egg mixture.
4. Spoon mixture into mini pie shells.
5. Bake at 350F 25 – 35 minutes or until done.
Blueberry Oat Muffins
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup buttermilk or sour milk (to sour milk add 1 tbsp vinegar to milk)
1 cup whole wheat fl our
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¾ cup brown sugar
1 egg beaten
¼ cup melted butter
1 cup blueberries
1. Combine oats, and buttermilk/sour milk in a small bowl. Let stand.
2. Combine fl our, baking powder, baking soda, and brown sugar. Add egg and melted butter. Add oat
mixture to dry ingredients. Stir just until moistened. Fold in blueberries. Fill ¾ full.
Pineapple Mandarin Yogurt Dessert
1 large 500 ml can of tidbits pineapple, drained
1 can 250 ml of canned mandarin oranges, drained
1 cup mini marshmallows
½ cup coconut
500 ml reduced fat vanilla yogurt
1. In a bowl combine yogurt, coconut, marshmallows, and pineapple. Stir in mandarin oranges gently.