Who says you can’t pack up your favorite BBQ kabobs and head out to the paddling pool or for a stroll around the zoo? Certainly not us!
Try packing these backyard BBQ favorites in your picnic basket for your next family outdoor adventure (even if outdoor means under the swing set in your own backyard)!
1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp minced garlic
3-4 Chicken Breasts
- In a large bowl, combine first four ingredients. Set aside a small amount to brush on kabobs while BBQing.
- Chop chicken into 1″ square cubes. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Thread chicken cubes onto metal skewers (if using wood, be sure to soak in warm water for 1/2 hour to prevent burning)
- BBQ for 12-15 minutes, turning every 3-4 minutes.
Serve hot or cold.
3/4 cups cornmeal
1 1/4 cups milk
1 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp. baking flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix cornmeal and milk together in a large bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes. (This is a good time to grease your pan or put liners in your muffin tins)
- Combine next four ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add egg and oil to cornmeal mixture.
- Add flour mixture to cornmeal mixture, stirring just enough to moisten.
- Bake in a 9 x 9 pan, muffin tins, or MINI muffin tins to make them even more FUN! 10 – 12 minutes for mini muffin tins, 12 – 14 minutes for muffin tins, or 15 – 20 minutes for 9 x 9 pan.
Serve with honey to up the YUM factor!
Tell us your favorite picnic recipe and how you build an adventure to go with it! The best ideas will be published in an upcoming MOMeo Kitchen!