I love it when we get a great movie that is fun to curl up with the whole family and enjoy. This adventure is one that will have you all entertained. Enjoy!
Director: Nicholas Kendall
Cast: Henry Czerny, Carl Marotte, Vlasta Vrana, Bronwen Booth, Brian Dooley
Running Time: 96 minutes
An adventure filmed in the beautiful Canadian wilderness in which loyalty to friends and animals is seen as the most important value…
Teresa says: Great movie full of adventure, struggles and a happy ending!
Hayley says: This was a great movie!
Marianne says: Touching movie that everyone is sure to enjoy.
Adriana says: This was such a great, exciting movie. My whole family enjoyed it!
Worth noting: Sam is disrespectful toward his mom and stepfather. The finding of dead animals and the shooting at others can be upsetting. Never being able to say “I’m sorry” or “thank you” when needed can be seen as wrong.
You can find more Mom Reviewed and Mom Approved movies from the National Board of Mothers® here.
We have the perfect recipe for this great outdoors movie, Wild About Berries Pie! This recipe is a member favorite, even for those who find themselves baking a pie for the first time ☺
• 1 double crust pie pastry for a 9 inch pie
• 6 cups blueberries
• 1 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup cornstarch
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• Grated zest of one lemon
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
• Line the pie plate with one of the pastry crusts. Prick the bottom crust with a fork.
• Mix the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, lemon zest and vanilla together. Stir mixture into the blueberries, tossing gently to mix well. Place pie filling into the pie pan.
• Lay the second pastry crust over the pie filling. Crimp edges together and cut air vents into the top crust in a pattern like wheel spokes (make about 4 air vents, slash pie decoratively but deeply in at least 4 places. Blueberries demand air when they bake or they will turn soggy).
• Bake in middle rack of the 425 pre-heated oven for 15 minutes. Lower heat to 375 degrees and bake for an additional 45 minutes. Cool thoroughly on a rack. When cooled, give a final chill in the refrigerator before serving.
Makes one 9” pie
It’s a wrap! Let’s all enjoy this Thanksgiving weekend and cherish the time with our loved ones. If there is anything you would like to see here, have reviewed, or need help finding please email me. Your suggestions and feedback are always welcome! See you next Friday!
Want a new family friendly movie delivered right to your door every month?
Get your Free Trial from Family Values Cinema NOW!