Hate numbers? You aren’t alone – many entrepreneurs do. As soon as that word appears, entrepreneurs glaze over. The mere suggestion of spending time working through numbers sends them into shutdown.
Did you know that numbers, if used correctly, could be a key driver in your business, helping you laser-focus your efforts on the most profitable products and projects? Without your numbers, you could be wasting your time and money!
Think of your numbers as the best friend you’ve never had in business. They work diligently away in the background, adding, subtracting, analyzing, producing results all while you toil away in the business. What more could you ask for from a best friend?
Like all best friends, this one thrives on love and attention. The more your give it, the more it gives you back. If you don’t pay attention to it, it will still add and subtract but won’t analyze. After all what would be the point when you’re not paying attention?
Your business best friend doesn’t ask for much really, just a system for it to do all its adding and subtracting, and allow it to analyze to its hearts content. Give your best friend a system and use the systems and it will reward you with such valuable information.
Why You Need to Get the Financial Fever
What rewards can you expect? What are some of the questions can you get answered?
- Am I making a profit or loss?
- Who owes me money?
- Who do I owe money?
- Do I have enough cash coming in to cover all my expenses?
- What sales categories are performing best?
- Where am I overspending? (Disguised as investing by our emotions!)
- What is the true profitability of a sales category?
What do these questions help you do?
- Make decisions utilizing not just your gut but actual business logic from what your numbers are telling you.
- Advise you on what has been working in your business and what hasn’t worked at all. Take heed of what the numbers are telling you – numbers aren’t emotional they will show you the clear facts.
- Help support your gut decisions. When the numbers stack up, they can support those decisions that are made entirely on instinct. When they don’t, it gives you the heads up that perhaps further consideration is required.
- See where you should be focusing your efforts. What are the best performing categories, lets do more of that!
All a best friend wants is love and attention and if you give both, the benefits will be amazing. You’ll learn more about your business than you thought you knew. Give your best friend some love and they will lay on the flowers and chocolates or even better help you afford some for yourself!
Would you like the ability to make snap business decisions, confident in the knowledge that YOU know exactly what is going on and what levers to pull to produce the results you want? Check out the Business Momentum Mentor.