You are a busy mom. You simply don’t have time to add one more marketing gizmo to your growing to-do list. But you know you need to promote your business to get sales in the door. (That is between picking up the toys and wiping up that really sticky spot that mysteriously appeared on the floor.)
Maybe you are using Facebook for fun – connecting with your college roommate or even your 3rd grade friend. Turn your social know-how into marketing buzz for your work-at-home business using a Facebook Fan Page!
6 Ways to Market your Work-at-Home Business using a Facebook Fan Page
- Fan Pages are indexed in Google. If you are building your home business, you need to get found (and be findable). A Fan Page can help you increase your web presence and give you more credibility. The more places people find you and see you, the more likely they will remember you or at least click on one of the links to find out more about you.
- Fan Pages give you permission marketing. When someone “likes” your Fan Page, they have given you permission to post in their news feed. You can remind them of your business or services every day or even every hour (although if you are going to post that often, make sure you keep things more social than salesy). Every time you post something on your wall, it is posted in each of your Fan’s news feeds which is a fantastic way to let people know about something new and exciting in your business. You also get a chance to establish your expertise in your field by posting interesting finds and helpful tips.
- Fan Pages are for business. Fan Pages allow you to keep your personal posts and pictures private. You don’t have to worry about people seeing what is posted on your personal wall, and your Fans know that you can’t see their personal posts either.
- Fan Pages are viral. The average user has 130 friends. When they “like” your page or comment on one of your posts, their friends will see that in their news feed. They may click on your page to see what it’s all about. You can also ask your current Fans to suggest your page to their friends.
- Fan Pages help your branding. Facebook and other social media sites can help you look bigger and more professional by giving you a consistent brand across several platforms. No one has to know that you are in old sweats with food stains on them. When they see your website, your matching logo on your Fan Page and easily find you on Google, they assume you are a go-getter who will help them with your problem. Which you are…as soon as you get a chance to shower and change into something without food stains.
- Facebook is where it’s at. There are over 500 million people on Facebook. The average user spends 55 minutes a day on Facebook. You need to be where the people are talking and hanging out.
Promoting your business on Facebook doesn’t have to take much time. I recommend posting at least something once a day. It can take some time initially to get your Fan Page up and running and start getting more Fans but it’s worth it, I promise. You can do it as soon as you get that sticky spot wiped up.
Want to learn more about marketing with Facebook? Take a look at Grandma Mary’s online Facebook tutorials and if you need more help, buy her How to Use Facebook to Grow your Business e-book!